| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, Goach2, Donf, dt235sd, Otto Skorzeny, Joe H),
60
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,311 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 103 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 103 | I know this has been discussed many times and I have read some of the posts, but I'm still uncertain. I have a 48' big bolt that had a positive battery cable attached to the frame and a negative cable to the starter with solenoid. The coil is connected with negative. I found a foot starter at a salvage yard from a truck just like mine in every way except the starter was connected with a positive battery cable. Was my truck wired wrong or the one in the salvage yard? | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | "48 big bolt" doesn't tell us much about what you have. If yours is a GMC it came with positive ground. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 103 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 103 | sorry cletis, I have a chevy loadmaster, 2 ton, 235 engine, 4 speed trans and 2 speed timken rear. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | should be a neg ground...... Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | Agree with joker...and, joker, love that side molding trim on the '52 hotrod!
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | maybe the previous owner wanted it to be like a gmc  | | |
| |
| |