The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (TUTS 59), 95 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 33
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 33
Radiator pic

So according to the trusted local radiator shop, my radiator core is failing. He also is into restoring old cars and has had a 64 Chevy C10 1/2 ton like mine. I believe I've got a 350 or 327 V8 in there.

I'm weighing the options on what to do:

1. Go with the radiator guy's advice of replacing it with one of the proper size. That'd be $325 for a brass/copper one with 3 core and an extra $75 to build a new top bracket for it and set it up.

2. Find a replacement of this size (roughly 21" high, 25 1/2" long and 2 1/2" wide) from another truck and use the same bracket. I've been trying to figure out what this radiator came out of but am having no luck.

Coming up with the $400 for the new one would be tough. However, there's a risk in putting in an older one. Any suggestions on what trucks I could maybe pull one from at a pic-a-part place?

Any advice? There's a pic at the top of this post that might help.

Last edited by BrianW; 02/13/2012 4:54 PM.

'64 C10 1/2 ton fleetside
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 93
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 93
BrianW:
My solution is here for $207 shipped from Rockauto:

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...;Main=94834&Number=656997#Post656997

Regards,
Steve
New Orleans

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 33
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 33
Thanks Steve! Very informative ...


'64 C10 1/2 ton fleetside
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
It's completely the wrong radiator. The upper hold down is home made, the upper hose inlet is on the wrong side and the filler neck should be all the way to the right (pass. side of the truck). With the upper and lower hoses being on the same side, I could see a cooling problem on hot days. Replacement is the only fix here,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
You can find the v8 upper brackets on ebay or the parts guys around here for probably $20. I wouldnt pay $75 to fab a new one, when you can go oem and bolt in cheaper.


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 33
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by jon1963
You can find the v8 upper brackets on ebay or the parts guys around here for probably $20. I wouldnt pay $75 to fab a new one, when you can go oem and bolt in cheaper.

I think I might be going a bit insane ... I've looked all over online for a retailer that sells the upper support bracket and can't find them. I found a radiator out of a '64 (four core) that should fit like a glove, but will definitely need a new upper support bracket, as the one I have has been chopped up and modified.

Anyone know where I can find this part?


'64 C10 1/2 ton fleetside
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
Need not fear, you have a PM.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0