The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wheelie, tclederman, Woodcmiami), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
I have a 1957 Chevy NAPCO truck with a 283. I researching exhaust options. Has anyone ever tried the universal dual exhaust kits for the piping? As an example: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mild-Steel-Exhaust-Bend-Kit-2-1-2-Inch,36340.html

They seem cost effective, and in my case might mitigate my concerns regarding clearances around the transfer case. Also, I believe they are mandrel blends. Thanks.
don

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
have a NAPA nearby? just go buy the pipes you need, my FLAPS all still list the TF V8 exhaust pieces

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I've welded together my own exhaust after buying mandrel bends, I didn't have a choice.
If you can buy a ready made system it might be cheaper and for sure simpler.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
I have had only one experience with the "UNIVERSAL" exhaust kit, it would have been easier to make my own. Which is what I have heard from other people as well. Now I just go to the muffler shop and read magazines while they do it.

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
Thanks for the replies, I think I will do as Grigg and brokenhead suggest, Get my own mufflers and have a shop do the install using them. Bill, I checked NAPA and Carquest here, neither carry the pipes, only the muffler and clamps. Thanks again for the feedback.
don

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
For the down pipes under the hood that show, I made my own using Hearthrob mandrel bends that I sourced through JC Whitney. It was kinda fun and fairly cheap as long as you don't count your time.
pic1
pic2

For the rest of the system I took it to a muffler shop. It was very expensive, but they did It while I was working on something else. That effectively doubled my accomplishment speed.

regards,
Leon


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0