| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (RLB, 1 invisible),
157
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | I have a 1957 Chevy NAPCO truck with a 283. I researching exhaust options. Has anyone ever tried the universal dual exhaust kits for the piping? As an example: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mild-Steel-Exhaust-Bend-Kit-2-1-2-Inch,36340.html
They seem cost effective, and in my case might mitigate my concerns regarding clearances around the transfer case. Also, I believe they are mandrel blends. Thanks. don
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | have a NAPA nearby? just go buy the pipes you need, my FLAPS all still list the TF V8 exhaust pieces
Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I've welded together my own exhaust after buying mandrel bends, I didn't have a choice. If you can buy a ready made system it might be cheaper and for sure simpler.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | I have had only one experience with the "UNIVERSAL" exhaust kit, it would have been easier to make my own. Which is what I have heard from other people as well. Now I just go to the muffler shop and read magazines while they do it. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 591 | Thanks for the replies, I think I will do as Grigg and brokenhead suggest, Get my own mufflers and have a shop do the install using them. Bill, I checked NAPA and Carquest here, neither carry the pipes, only the muffler and clamps. Thanks again for the feedback. don
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | For the down pipes under the hood that show, I made my own using Hearthrob mandrel bends that I sourced through JC Whitney. It was kinda fun and fairly cheap as long as you don't count your time. pic1 pic2 For the rest of the system I took it to a muffler shop. It was very expensive, but they did It while I was working on something else. That effectively doubled my accomplishment speed. regards, Leon | | |
| |
| |