Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | Doing a tune up today and hooked up my new vacuum gauge to the '53 235 powerglide engine with newly rebuilt Carter YF 2100S carb. Set the idle.
Lord that engine runs well. I feel like I have a turbo. Engine runs almost 22 at idle.
Kurt | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Kurt_51carryall, is "da bomb" a good thing??? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | I have it on good authority that it is is a very good thing. :>) Da Bomb Kurt | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | If you start talking like that Kurt, pretty soon you'll be putting on Artillery wheels, a visor, a swamp cooler, drop axle, lowering blocks in the rear...
The other day I got a comment on how sweet my lowered panel truck was. I've lowered the front by using a time machine to make sure my front springs would sag over the years, and lowering the back was easy, I just put my carpentry tools back there, and gravity does the rest. Now, when I make left hand turns, my curb feelers drag. Sweet. Hahahaha! When I'm done other stuff, I think I'll buy some springs. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | I like your sense of humor Mr. Lang. And I do want a swamp cooler, and curb feelers would be so cool. And I do have one artillery wheel, that I use for the spare. Does that count?
Kurt
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | , pretty soon you'll be putting on Artillery wheels, a visor, a swamp cooler, drop axle, lowering blocks in the rear... Nothing wrong with any of that.. Your right Kurt The gauge is Dope | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | I agree! My '37 artillery wheels will be making a debut next month I hope. Also, once I pound out the fenders... deluxe trim! If I had the money, I'd be swamp cooled too! Perhaps I'll find a deal on one of those this year. | | |
| |