The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel, Guitplayer, Shade Baby, cmayna, Gray_Ghost), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#829771 02/26/2012 1:07 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
Doing a tune up today and hooked up my new vacuum gauge to the '53 235 powerglide engine with newly rebuilt Carter YF 2100S carb. Set the idle.

Lord that engine runs well. I feel like I have a turbo. Engine runs almost 22 at idle.

Kurt

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Kurt_51carryall, is "da bomb" a good thing???

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
I have it on good authority that it is is a very good thing. :>)

Da Bomb

Kurt

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
If you start talking like that Kurt, pretty soon you'll be putting on Artillery wheels, a visor, a swamp cooler, drop axle, lowering blocks in the rear...

The other day I got a comment on how sweet my lowered panel truck was. I've lowered the front by using a time machine to make sure my front springs would sag over the years, and lowering the back was easy, I just put my carpentry tools back there, and gravity does the rest. Now, when I make left hand turns, my curb feelers drag. Sweet. Hahahaha! When I'm done other stuff, I think I'll buy some springs.


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
I like your sense of humor Mr. Lang. And I do want a swamp cooler, and curb feelers would be so cool. And I do have one artillery wheel, that I use for the spare. Does that count?

Kurt


Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Originally Posted by Mr. Lang
, pretty soon you'll be putting on Artillery wheels, a visor, a swamp cooler, drop axle, lowering blocks in the rear...
Nothing wrong with any of that..

Your right Kurt
The gauge is Dope

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
I agree! My '37 artillery wheels will be making a debut next month I hope. Also, once I pound out the fenders... deluxe trim! If I had the money, I'd be swamp cooled too! Perhaps I'll find a deal on one of those this year.


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0