The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (JW51, KEVINSKI, Joe H, WingWright, 3800GUY, Gdads51), 121 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,255
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
Hello: I am new to the forum. I bought a 1965 C20 stepside long bed last summer. It is a 3 speed on the column and has the original (I believe) rebuilt 292 engine. It also has the original wooden bed. The truck was originally from Texas but made its way to Alaska and carried a camper until a few years before I bought it. It is in great shape with just a few rust areas which I am repairing now. The truck is alot of fun and my wife and I enjoy taking it to the local car shows. I am looking forward to learning alot from the members of this forum.

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/18/2024 7:37 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

1965 Chevy C20 Stepside
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the site Rob. Nice looking truck. You should be very happy with the 292 in there. Don't be afraid to ask questions and check out the section for 60-66 trucks.

Leo

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
Thank you Leo. I look forward to talking with you and other enthusiasts.

Rob


1965 Chevy C20 Stepside
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Rob,welcome from Scotland.
That's a pretty tidy truck you've got,I assume the rust issues aren't too serious judging by the overall look of the truck.

Like Leo mentions don't forget to check out the 60-66 forum,the guys there will make you feel more than welcome.
Good luck.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Rob, Welcome to the Stovebolt.I always did like the '65 style. Keep us posted on what your doing and let us know how we can help.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
Thank you all for all the nice greetings. John (in Scotland), I have Scottish ancestry (McIntire). Micum, who crossed the pond in 1652, and I also play the pipes. I would love to visit Scotland some day. Yes, my truck was in great shape when I bought it last year. The rust is very minimal but I am doing the body work now and hope to have it real nice by show season. I like your truck too!

Alvin, what a nice truck you have! Thank you for your offer of support and assistance. I do love my '65. I also have a 1966 Mustang coupe but I am partial to my truck. I look forward to talking with you both.
Rob


1965 Chevy C20 Stepside
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Originally Posted by Cape65C20
I would love to visit Scotland some day.

Me too!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
...I'm a lucky guy. Got to spend two weeks in 2001 with my daughter, who was studying in St.Andrews, and we traveled to London and some other places. It is nice country. I'd love to go back someday.
Cape65C20, I hear its nice up around the cape. Stop in Boston once but didn't get to venture out to your area. Maybe someday.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by Cape65C20
Thank you all for all the nice greetings. John (in Scotland), I have Scottish ancestry (McIntire). Micum, who crossed the pond in 1652, and I also play the pipes. I would love to visit Scotland some day.

Rob,Like i've said to the many Scots decendants that frequent the 'bolt you're all more than welcome,just don't forget to bring some sunshine!
My Mother was a also McIntyre,although as you can see she had the Scottish spelling of tyre. wink
I see you also have a '66 Mustang,my wife's dream car,she's a F*rd gal!


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
Yes it is beautiful on the Cape, but very crowded in the summer. It is a nice place to live, probably alot like SC.
I'm not sure where the "tire" spelling came from. As you know there seem to be dozens of spellings of the name. I do like my Mustang but I will probably be selling it this year. I don't really have time for both and it is not fair to the car to not be used.


1965 Chevy C20 Stepside
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Rob,My comment was a little tongue in cheek,the spelling of certain words has occasionally comes up in discussion here.
Tyre/tire was one of them.

So you might be selling the Mustang?
I'd better not let my Missus find out,i'm in deep enough with the dang truck!
Plus it would cause 'power parking' disputes in my/our driveway!


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
Hi John, I think my ancestor Micum even spelled it differently at different times! And I know what you mean about the parking - my yard looks like a used car lot. All the best. Rob


1965 Chevy C20 Stepside
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Rob, Welcome to the Bolt. I spent about 15 summers on the Cape in Brewster and still feel like it is my second home. I don't have any family left there but we still have friends in Orleans.
Your truck looks great and that is cool that you and your wife are having fun with it.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0