The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dragracefan, Oswald, dt235sd, Ponchogl), 134 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
I am looking for a decent digital image of the decal on an oil bath air cleaner for a Chevy advance design COE. None of the vendors offer this and this is a rather large decal that goes on the large cleaner correct for the updraft carb of the COE. Below is a link to an image of what was left on my truck. Does anyone have a decent picture? If so, I would appreciate an email to

[email protected]

I am going to try to get waterslide decals made. If successful, I would be glad to share these with anyone who needs one.If you click on the next picture in my folder you can see the truck that I am restoring. Thanks.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/1950Cabover/?action=view&current=IMG_0332.jpg


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
I checked the spare '47-'53 Chevy COE oil bath air cleaner stash, I have, & none were as good as yours. It's going to be hard finding one in good shape since they are mounted under the cab where more of the elements could get to them. I just last week restored the under hood oil bath air cleaner, & accessory AC oil filter on my '52 GMC COE, & Jim Carter had the correct decals for both of them. Looking through your photobucket pictures, I noticed your COE for the first time. You've done an exceptional job on that Truck. Looks great. I noticed you have the smaller pickup style(size) oil filter on it. All of my COE's have had the 2 qt. AC model S-2 oil filter on them, mounted beside the horns on the passenger side of the cowl.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
Spanky,
Thanks for checking your stash to see if you had a better example of the decal. I appreciate your effort. Regarding the oil filter, I assume that it was an owner add on, not stock. I re-mounted it in the same location during the restoration process.

By the way, one of the model number hood emblems, "5700", came from you, at least a couple years ago. I had both the original and yours rechromed and they look real nice. Thanks again!!

If anyone comes across a surviving decal, even if only a part of it remains, please let me know. I did this once before with the oil bath air cleaner for my Diamond T, had a couple images combined and photoshopped, then made both vinyl and waterslide decals. When compared to the real deal on an original "survivor" truck, the result was essentially identical. I ended up sharing the efforts with other Diamond T owners, because once you have the image file, the decal is cheap.

Kent


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
Unfortunately I can't help you with your decal problem, I did want to chime in and say nice truck! I really like that and your attention to detail really shows.
Scott


1947, 1950, & 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
1952 GMC 450 series Cab Over Engine
1946 Chevrolet 2 Ton
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
Tim,
I bought one of those a while back to see if it was close and it is smaller than my original and not quite the right color. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I might use it as a basis to produce an image since you can change the colors, as well as the writing, if you have one of the fancy photoshop programs.

Kent


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 140
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 140
Kent - I think I've got a copy of what you're looking for but am having trouble figuring out how to post a picture. I sent you a couple of shots by email.

Last edited by dhjmd; 04/21/2013 3:29 PM.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0