The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Steelonsteel, TUTS 59, Jon G, Swami29, 4 invisible), 61 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,637
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#825347 02/12/2012 4:16 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
Anyone have any recommendations for mounting rear shocks in an AD 3100? I have a Ford rear end in it with standard springs.

Thanks.


Wayne S.
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
Do you still have shock brackets on the frame? If so, you can just get a weld-on shock bracket and use the factory style shocks.


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
No, I don't think I do. I bought the truck in pieces. :-( I found one in a box of misc pieces, but that was it.


Wayne S.
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
Go to LMCtruck.com for oem style brackets. Go to www.ballisticfabrication.com or www.wfoconcepts.com for weld on kits. The weld on kits are super heavy duty for off road use, so they'll more than hold up to an old 'bolt


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
Good idea Whitedog - I'll do it. Simple, but elegant. Thank you.


Wayne S.
Colorado Springs, CO

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0