The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, Otto Skorzeny, Hanks custodian, dt235sd, 3800GUY), 166 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,205
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#824166 02/08/2012 6:56 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 22
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 22
I'm getting ready to purchase a new grill for my 46, but for the cost, I want to make the right choice, bow tie bits, jim carters, chevs of the 40.......anyone bought a grill lately?

Last edited by jimbo's46; 02/08/2012 9:25 PM.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
I bought mine from J Carters. Used the Stovebolt discount. Still was a lot of money. Fit is so so. Will take some fender massaging to make fit nice. I've heard they're(reproductions) pretty much the same. The feel and weight are very different. Repos are are lot flimsier and lighter. If you can use an original grille and paint/rechrome I think you'd be happier in the end. My grille pictures are here. Have fun and good luck
Dan

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
I got mine from Bowtie Bits. I'd be willing to bet they all come from the same Chinese factory made by 11yr old girls in chains. Mine chromed out well but the fit was so-so also. I had a painted one that came with mine but the cost to get it in good enough shape to chrome was as much as a new repro,so I sold mine to help pay for the plating costs.


'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0