| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Shade Baby, Pete1946, frogfarmer, baldeagle, 1955 1 Series, Jon G, 1 invisible),
97
guests, and
8
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 22 | I'm getting ready to purchase a new grill for my 46, but for the cost, I want to make the right choice, bow tie bits, jim carters, chevs of the 40.......anyone bought a grill lately?
Last edited by jimbo's46; 02/08/2012 9:25 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | I bought mine from J Carters. Used the Stovebolt discount. Still was a lot of money. Fit is so so. Will take some fender massaging to make fit nice. I've heard they're(reproductions) pretty much the same. The feel and weight are very different. Repos are are lot flimsier and lighter. If you can use an original grille and paint/rechrome I think you'd be happier in the end. My grille pictures are here. Have fun and good luck Dan | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 201 | I got mine from Bowtie Bits. I'd be willing to bet they all come from the same Chinese factory made by 11yr old girls in chains. Mine chromed out well but the fit was so-so also. I had a painted one that came with mine but the cost to get it in good enough shape to chrome was as much as a new repro,so I sold mine to help pay for the plating costs.
'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
| | |
| |
| |