| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
92
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,641 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 10 | I am restoring a 51 chevy and putting a 55 engine in it.....can I put the clutch fork in with the tranny hooked to engine.....if so what help can anyone give me......I am not having any luck doing it......Thanks, Pat | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy 503pat503, welcome, I can't remember ever removing/installing a clutch fork with the transmission in place, it may not be possible with the transmission in place. If you have treid to do it for awhile and had no luck, then remove the tranny and install it, then re-install the tranny. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 10 | thanks for the reply, I was trying to do it the easy way.......had the tranny off three times and didn't put the fork in....like the guy says, you can't fix stupid.........this is a very informative group and I am excited to finish the car.... | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | I hate to say it but you need to pull the transmission out. You will want to make sure the through out bearing is connected to the fork and then get the fork onto the pivot in the bell housing. I'd also recommrnd hooking up the linkage for the Clutch to make sure you have the correct through out bearing for the pressure plate you are using. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 10 | thank you, I did so today and have the tranny baack hooked up. The engine is on the chassis with the body removed so wasn't a big job......its all good!!!!!!Pat | | |
| |
| |