The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Steelonsteel, TUTS 59, Jon G, Swami29, 4 invisible), 61 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,637
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
I am restoring a 51 chevy and putting a 55 engine in it.....can I put the clutch fork in with the tranny hooked to engine.....if so what help can anyone give me......I am not having any luck doing it......Thanks, Pat

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy 503pat503, welcome, I can't remember ever removing/installing a clutch fork with the transmission in place, it may not be possible with the transmission in place. If you have treid to do it for awhile and had no luck, then remove the tranny and install it, then re-install the tranny.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
thanks for the reply, I was trying to do it the easy way.......had the tranny off three times and didn't put the fork in....like the guy says, you can't fix stupid.........this is a very informative group and I am excited to finish the car....

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
I hate to say it but you need to pull the transmission out. You will want to make sure the through out bearing is connected to the fork and then get the fork onto the pivot in the bell housing. I'd also recommrnd hooking up the linkage for the Clutch to make sure you have the correct through out bearing for the pressure plate you are using.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
thank you, I did so today and have the tranny baack hooked up. The engine is on the chassis with the body removed so wasn't a big job......its all good!!!!!!Pat


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0