The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (BC59, cmayna, Peggy M), 144 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,475
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 67
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 67
Hi all, I have a 52 GMC panel. I also have a low mileage Vortec 4.3 V6, that I think would be a great swap.
Does anyone know what years of 700R4 will work with this engine and it's degree of computerization, etc. ? I like the idea of a low 1st gear, then overdrive.

On a tangent, I also am planning to use the 73-87 GM pickup donor suspension,PS,PB,IFS swap. Anything in that that will affect the installation of the Vortec, automatic etc.?

Thanks


Royzell
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
s-10 section at:

http://www.chevytalk.com


--


two sites all about s-10's:

http://forums.s-series.org/

http://www.mys10.com/

--

I'm not running you off, but they probably have a lot of good information for what you want to do.

-W

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Any GM Chevy V8 bolt pattern trans will bolt up, so you could try for an early non-computer version (pre'88).


Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0