| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,468 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#82171 08/28/2007 3:46 PM | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 67 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 67 | Hi all, I have a 52 GMC panel. I also have a low mileage Vortec 4.3 V6, that I think would be a great swap. Does anyone know what years of 700R4 will work with this engine and it's degree of computerization, etc. ? I like the idea of a low 1st gear, then overdrive.
On a tangent, I also am planning to use the 73-87 GM pickup donor suspension,PS,PB,IFS swap. Anything in that that will affect the installation of the Vortec, automatic etc.?
Thanks
Royzell | | |
#82173 08/29/2007 12:21 AM | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Any GM Chevy V8 bolt pattern trans will bolt up, so you could try for an early non-computer version (pre'88).
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |