| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 4 | Hi ya!
I've got a 1959 GMC Fleetside I'm in the process of restoring and it seems that Park lights for this bad-boy is definitely on the endangered list.
Any idea on where to source some park light lenses and/or assemblies for a '59 GMC?
thanks,
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 693 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 693 | here, bottom of the page? 59 GMC park light | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | As far as I know the assembly is not being mass produced. I did read of a small batch (10?) being made a few years ago but I doubt any are still on a shelf. I expect you'll have to settle for good used ones and they are somewhere between hen's teeth and frog hair on the scarcity list. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | The one listed from LMC truck is not a 1958-1959 gmc park light. It is in fact a cheaply reproduced 1955-1957 chevy park light. It DOES NOT INTERCHANGE with the GMC. Lugo parts and restorations had some re-popped gmc lenses available in limited numbers. Give Omar Lugo a ring. http://www.lugoparts.com/ | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 60 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 60 | salvage yard in Ga has one 59 gmc 2 ton been robbing parts for my 59 vikiing from it
1959 Chevy Viking 60 & WreckerIn the Stovebolt GallerySee I told you it would work. That Beaver Cleaver will do anything..... | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 | until I got a pair from lugo, i used 55-57 chev truck assys in flat aluminum/stainless steel plate...agreed rarer than hens teeth... | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2008 Posts: 20 | The one listed from LMC truck is not a 1958-1959 gmc park light. It is in fact a cheaply reproduced 1955-1957 chevy park light. It DOES NOT INTERCHANGE with the GMC. I wondered about that back when I saw the catalog, so let me ask a question in this area. What is the difference, the size? I ask because my fleet option 59 has similar lights and I don't know what GMC used although I've been told it was the reverse lamp lense on a step side.
59 GMC rare fleet option stepside pickup 57 Chevy sedan delivery 57 Ma Bell windowed panel (gone) 57 Ma Bell 150 sedan (gone) 57 Burb with p/s, Apache Res. school bus (gone) 56 Navy 3100 pickup (pieces) 56 windowed sedan delivery (US Dept. of Ag.) (gone) 55 Navy 150 sedan (gone) and many others now gone Founding father Desert Classics 55-57 Chevy club now gone
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | According to my Master Parts Book, the fleet option truck takes a 5946407 lens. That lens also was used on F350, F370, 450, F & S450, W & MW 500.
The lamp assembly number for fleet option is 898835. | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2008 Posts: 20 | WOW!! Thank you very much, another mystery solved. What is your Master Parts book, I have to get one.
59 GMC rare fleet option stepside pickup 57 Chevy sedan delivery 57 Ma Bell windowed panel (gone) 57 Ma Bell 150 sedan (gone) 57 Burb with p/s, Apache Res. school bus (gone) 56 Navy 3100 pickup (pieces) 56 windowed sedan delivery (US Dept. of Ag.) (gone) 55 Navy 150 sedan (gone) and many others now gone Founding father Desert Classics 55-57 Chevy club now gone
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | These books may be ordered on CD from Andy at [email protected] . Email him for current pricing. | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2008 Posts: 20 | Ok.I found one similar in appearance to #1 and it doesn't say Master but it is a parts manual for 55-60. Is that good enough or must it be a 'Master' parts book.
59 GMC rare fleet option stepside pickup 57 Chevy sedan delivery 57 Ma Bell windowed panel (gone) 57 Ma Bell 150 sedan (gone) 57 Burb with p/s, Apache Res. school bus (gone) 56 Navy 3100 pickup (pieces) 56 windowed sedan delivery (US Dept. of Ag.) (gone) 55 Navy 150 sedan (gone) and many others now gone Founding father Desert Classics 55-57 Chevy club now gone
| | |
| |
| |