| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, RoseB),
153
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 159 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 159 | What size was the original exhaust pipe on a 292? I'm putting one from my great grandpa's '65 into my 1950. I've found some scrapped stainless pipe and was thinking of welding up my own system, but I need to know which pipe to get. Is there a size that would be "better" than stock? I know I don't want to go too big because I need back pressure. Thanks in advance!
Craig
It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility in occupation which brings happiness. - Thomas Jefferson
CK
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 | Depends on which exhaust manifold you have. There are two, and three bolt manifolds. The two bolt is 2", and the three bolt is 2.5" where the exhaust pipe bolts on. The three bolt bolt was more common in the bigger trucks.
Larry
I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | The light duty trucks had 2 in outlets that pointed back aways. The early models had 2 bolt flange & the later ones (about 71 on) used a 3 bolt but still had the same size outlet. The large trucks used a 3 bolt with 2 1/2 in. outlet. It pointed straight down. I would use 2 1/4 in. pipe reduced the the 2 in flange. You dont want back pressure. It is death to the ex. system on these engines. Use a free flow muffler. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |