| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
82
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,378 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | I've never been a big fan of the GMC COE headlights so I've been kicking this headlight option around. The problem has been there is no going back. Well I took a chance, it was easier and looks better then I thought it was going to. I'm sure the stock restoration guys are going to choke. Care to guess what the lights are off of? http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2247671910106367558BaaybD | | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 | Looks like you got a little part of a Beetle stuck on the front of your truck. I think it looks good | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Don't take this personal, but "darn" ! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | Yup VW bug, shamful I know but it was a perfect fit with the correct look.
Spanky - you mean "darn" that looks good right? :-)
I'm keeping the metal I cut out as well as the headlights so if at a later day it needs to go back it can. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 | It actually looks good! I prefer the original look myself. It almost looks factory. Nice job! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Ah!, Yeah right. LOL. You know me. I'm a "purist". I like the original look also. I probably would have installed Chevy COE headlights, if it were me, but you did do a good job. If a person didn't know it, they'd think they were original. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 667 | I have to agree...twice. I do love the originals, but those puppies really do look right at home there. Nice job! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Ditto with Tango... I never remember those lights being very bright, do they make Halogen light bulbs for them? Looks like you have a rare '58 Yeomen parked next to your truck! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | It has just a regular sealed beam light in it. I'm guessing a modern halogen would fit right it. Yes it is a Yeoman. 2dr. with 348 3x2 and a 4sp. The chassis and drivetrain is done. If these big bolt would stop distracting me I might get it done. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Did the Yeoman come from the factory with the 348? I'm guessing not as they were the bottom of the line wagons... I know what you mean about the big bolts getting in the way...I'm trying to finish a 3100, but a 4400 is calling my name BIG time...lol!!! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | It didn't have the 348 when I got, or any other engine. It was a v8/auto car from the factory, doubt it was a 348.
| | |
| |
| |