The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (dunfire, Wayne67vert), 93 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,360
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
My 51 3100 is in the paint shop as we speak - finally. I am thinking about changing the original Forester Green (with Black roof and fenders) to a lighter colour although still two tone.
I have searched this entire site and cannot find samples of the colour chips. The ones I do find don't list Forester Green which was the default colour so I am sure if I trust them.
Any help? I have about five days to decide or Forester Green it is again.
Thanks


1951 Chevy 3100 5-Window
"Howard"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
check the tech tip section it has links to the original colors and paint codes if you need them

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
Thanks.
I did a "search" and came up with nothing of value.
I never think of looking in Tech Tips. It is a good resource for sure and will start to look there first.


1951 Chevy 3100 5-Window
"Howard"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
Here are more than 5000 picture of AD trucks to look at.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/advanceddesign/



Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
If youre changing from the orig. forester green, then just go to the paint store, get the paint color sample book, and pick a green that suits you.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 252
Thanks for the help.
After looking at hundreds of pictures I have decided to go with the original Forester Green and Black.
It appears to be a classic.


1951 Chevy 3100 5-Window
"Howard"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
darn I wish I could make up my mind that easily! But then I have a hard time believing a restored BLM rig is gonna garner many ooo's and ahhh's when it's all said and done, and after all this time and work I confess to wanting at least a few... blush
I like the whole Green and Black idea on your truck however and for the record... yes I'm jealous dang


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0