| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Hotrod Lincoln, MickeyP, Peggy M, 55shaker, klhansen, Craig /49 Panel, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny),
69
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,386 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 252 | My 51 3100 is in the paint shop as we speak - finally. I am thinking about changing the original Forester Green (with Black roof and fenders) to a lighter colour although still two tone. I have searched this entire site and cannot find samples of the colour chips. The ones I do find don't list Forester Green which was the default colour so I am sure if I trust them. Any help? I have about five days to decide or Forester Green it is again. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 231 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 231 | check the tech tip section it has links to the original colors and paint codes if you need them
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 252 | Thanks. I did a "search" and came up with nothing of value. I never think of looking in Tech Tips. It is a good resource for sure and will start to look there first.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | If youre changing from the orig. forester green, then just go to the paint store, get the paint color sample book, and pick a green that suits you. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 252 | Thanks for the help. After looking at hundreds of pictures I have decided to go with the original Forester Green and Black. It appears to be a classic. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1,901 | darn I wish I could make up my mind that easily! But then I have a hard time believing a restored BLM rig is gonna garner many ooo's and ahhh's when it's all said and done, and after all this time and work I confess to wanting at least a few...  I like the whole Green and Black idea on your truck however and for the record... yes I'm jealous 
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
| | |
| |
| |