The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (78buckshot), 112 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,425
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#808532 12/20/2011 2:04 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 187
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 187
Hi all, I have a 58 3600. I have a 2 part question for you. What kind of oil do I put in my tranny (4 on the floor). I only see Auto Tran fluid at the store. And what do I put in the differential? (Gear Oil?)
Thanks Rick


Rick
58 3600 4 on the floor
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

API GL-5 Gear Oil (not a hypoid gear oil in light trucks).

80 weight (in winter) or 90 weight mineral oil in manual transmissions

90 weight or 140 weight (in high ambient temperatures) mineral oil in light truck rear ends


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0