| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,513 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 23 | I hope This is the right forum for this. I need to know the thread size and type in the bottom of the gas tank. It looks like 1/8 " NTP but want to be sure before I crank a fitting up in there. I am making my own fuel line run instead of using original fittings etc. Thanks John | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 |
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 23 | Thanks a bunch Denny It looks like mine has been changed then. John | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | If ya post a picture of what ya got we can probably help ya out. If its a one of those offshore replacement tanks then they've been coming thru with Metric threads in them, BIG problem.
DG
Last edited by Denny Graham; 12/02/2011 1:49 PM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 23 | I think you might be right about it being metric threads. I screwed a 1/8" nipple in, It went in but I could tell it wasn't right. Its not leaking so I,m going to leave it alone for now. If worse comes to worse I,ll drill it and tap it to 1/4 inch pipe. Thanks for your input. John | | |
| |
| |