The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible), 120 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80156 07/18/2007 3:49 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
I think I found a 4 speed saginaw in my growing collection of transmissions. It looks like the picture in Patricks catalog and has 7 bolts holding down the cover. I don't have a bellhousing handy at the moment but it looks like the front bearing retainer flange is wider than the stock 3 speed from my 1950 3100 and I did not notice any grooves on the input shaft. I am not familiar with these transmissions, is there an easy way for me to figure out what this is?
Thanks,
Bbo


1950 Chevrolet 1300
#80157 07/18/2007 4:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
look for a number right side of case, right side of the cover flange
some case ID pics here and a bit here, toward bottom - trade it for something grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#80158 07/18/2007 5:02 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
Thanks, it's a Saginaw but after taking another look I realize it is just a 3 speed. For some reason I thought I had a 4 speed. Likely not worth keeping with the 2.85, 1.68, 1.00 gear ratios considering I also have good SM420 and T-5 transmissions.
Bob


1950 Chevrolet 1300
#80159 07/23/2007 1:53 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 395
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 395
4 speeds will have 3 shift levers...doc


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0