The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Phak1, Otto Skorzeny, moparguy), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,360
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7982 06/18/2002 5:57 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
Y
Member
Member
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
Is anyone running power steering and AC on a 292? If so, do you have any pics of the setup/brackets? I have a 65 C10 with the 292 and have an AC bracket setup that puts the compressor at front/top of engine. I would like to add PS and already have the box and pump, but haven't seen brackets that would work. If Vintage Air has an AC bracket for a smaller compressor and I could get a bracket for the PS pump, I'd prefer that route. Anyone gone this route or something similar (PS and AC on 292)?

Rick
CA Central Coast
65 C10, 292, SM420


Rick
65 Chevy C10 Fleetside
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 31
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 31
Rick,

I installed power steering on a 1966 C60 with a 292. I bought a bracket and pump off a mid '70s Chevy pickup at a local salvage yard. Since my 292 has an early '70s head on it(small sparkplug), I felt it would line up better.

I still had to engineer the bracket so it would fit over the exhaust manifold and line up the pulley grooves. It mounts the pump high on the drivers side. I have not seen a 292 with both air and power steering. I find it difficult to beleive they would share a common bracket but then again I have never seen one.

Good Luck,

BigMac
Thanks Dan

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
I don't know about a 292, but I was looking at a 250 in a big ol' Chevy wagon in the boneyard this weekend. The P/S pump had been removed, but was sitting next to the engine with the bracket. The alternator was low on the block, the P/S pump was apparently above that, and the A/C was high on the opposite side of the engine, near the distributor. I think I may go back sometime this week and pull a few parts for my own 250 project.


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
Y
Member
Member
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
Thanks for the info guys! GMCpanel, any chance you could get a picture of the setup? Better yet, if you won't be needing the PS pump bracket or the AC bracket, I would be interested. They may very well work on the 292. Let me know what you find out.

Rick
65 C-10, 292, SM420


Rick
65 Chevy C10 Fleetside
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
I've heard that the brackets are very different between the 194/230/250 and the 292. Also, I don't have a camera (digital or otherwise) at this point. My 250 has the correct pulleys for the full accessory package, so I can try to get a picture if I get the parts. Even with the different brackets, I imagine the positioning of the accessories would be similar. Try the guys over at Inliners.org, they have tons of good info on anything inline.


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
Y
Member
Member
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
Thanks GMCpanel, I guess I'll have to do little more research. Hopefully, I can reach the end goal.

Rick


Rick
65 Chevy C10 Fleetside
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
Try this topic, it has some more info: 292 topic


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0