| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2010 Posts: 18 | Would I be able to place a 1938 Chevy 1/2 ton engine and transmission into my 1939 chevy 1/2 ton truck? I know there's a difference in the driveline length but any suggestions on how to accommodate that? I'm very new so really appreciate any advice. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Which transmissions are you looking to use?
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 18 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2010 Posts: 18 | I'm planning on using the three speed transmission. The propeller shaft is in my '39 but I don't have a transmission. I have a chance to get a working engine and transmission from a '38 but I don't know if it can work. Thanks for answering; I'm a little lost on this. | | |
| |
| |