Grigg, you're joking of course, aren't you. I sure hope so. Companies edit all reviews before posting them and only the good ones are posted.
There is no way that a quality tig machine can retail for $700 new.
JJ, unless you are already an accomplished tig welder one useful option you have is to take a welding class in evening high school or at a community college. There will probably be a variety of machines there and you can compare the features to see what actually has value to you.
I took a class to relearn tig a couple of years ago after not touching it for over 40 years. In the classroom there were old school squarewave machines and techy inverter machines that are way more expensive. Comparing the qualtiy of welds produced on these machines was very interesting.
I'd be glad to share my class and purchase experience with you privately. My email is
[email protected]. Many on this forum prefer tools and machines of all kinds that are the most feature laden, complex and expensive rather than ones that perform adequately in the shop and at the cash register.
Ray