The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Robert Crandall, Youngin' Tut 59, PAUL Berardi), 143 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,098
Posts1,056,166
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 27
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 27
I have a 1962 Stepside 6 cyl/3 on the tree pickup that is very original with only 70K Central Oregon miles on it. We've rebuilt, overhauled or replaced everything to make it run very nicely. My one problem is the temperature sending unit is missing. My cylinder head is drilled and tapped for a 9/16" thread sending unit; the only replacement units I've been able to locate are 3/4" thread. My wiring harness has the "L" shaped two prong plug. Anybody know where I can find the correct sending unit?


'62 Chevy C10 Short Bed Step Side, 235 Six with Offy intake, 2 carter/weber 2bbls and Fenton headers. B-W T5 5 speed trans, with stock rear end.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
maybe you need a different adapter, try local parts house, maybe NAPA.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Standard part # TS-15 is listed, but shows a 1/2" NPT thread.


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
It sounds like you have a 1955 or older head, they are setup for a mechanical temp sender.
You may need to drill and tap your head or switch to a mechanical gauge..


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0