| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Shade Baby, Pete1946, frogfarmer, baldeagle, 1955 1 Series, Jon G, 1 invisible),
97
guests, and
8
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | Well i am new here.... But i am here just the same. I was hoping that someone here can tell me where to source new park brake cabels for both a 63 k20 and an early 63 k10??? I have spent countless hours looking online with no luck! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | you may just have to get them made ron | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 92 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 92 | Have you tried a local parts house? You'll be suprized as to what's still available. I use Car Quest, since they have a older store with all of the older books and a competent counter guy to read them, Scott | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 | I tried every where also and they are not available for the k-series. I did find 2 for the rear on my 60 on e-bay. Still looking for the front 1. You are probably going to have them made for your truck. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | I was figuring on having them specially made, coming up with the propper dimensions and fittings will be the trick. I had tried the local carquest (they have always been great to work with) and they had no luck as of the other day I have had cables built in the past for some custom dump truck controls... not very cheap but nice. I will post the results when something happens. Thanks for the input! And the search goes on... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 | pope did you ever find the brake cables if not i found a guy in pennsylvania that has them | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | pope did you ever find the brake cables if not i found a guy in pennsylvania that has them Wow that would be great if they still have them, but pretty doubtful after so long. I had forgotten about the post when I didn't hear anything after a month.. but on the plus side I did find a place that makes these cables, and I think they have some on hand. many of you probably know about them but i'll put a liknk to them here for any one who hasn't heard of them or anyone here with the same issue. It is kind of a safety concern of mine that it works. http://www.inlinetube.com/There is a link for brake cables at the top of their page. Joe, thanks again for the help! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 462 | THERES 1 front cable on e-bay right now | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 79 | Thanks! I picked one of those up on E-bay while on deployment. I didnt realize that there were much differences in leingths... From what I seem to find nearly every year through the 60s has something a little different for the rear cables. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Inline Tube will fabricate OEM or stainless steel e-brake cables, to exact specifications. If they don't have the original cables on-hand, to duplicate, you will have to provide an original, for them to duplicate. We just had a set made for a '66 Chevy K20 and they were exact. They also did the primary e-brake cable from the pull-handle in the cab.
We paid $75.00 each for the OEM style and $85.00 each for the stainless steel style. | | |
| |
| |