The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ole49GMC), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 220
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 220
Hello!

I want to get the horn working on my '59 Apache, but here's what I have on the steering wheel...basically nothing (click on link below). Can anyone lay out for me exactly the parts I'll need, and maybe point me to a schematic of how things are set up on the steering wheel?

I found the horn wire socket under the dash, and the relay and horns are still there, so I'm not going to worry about that part of things now.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks...

Chris

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac248/barsteel/100_0083.jpg

Last edited by Woogeroo; 10/22/2011 1:18 AM. Reason: added year/model to topic
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
Chris,

There's a spring with a copper end that goes down in that hole. Also available is a kit that screws into your steering wheel. Your horn cap goes onto that.

I'm sure someone will advise of the part numbers.....I don't have them.


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0