| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,257 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 51 | IF a guy chooses to relocate the in cab fuel tank to an underbed tank does he need an electric fuel pump or is the original pump from the straight 6 motor sufficient?
and
The sending unit needs to match the ohms of the original sending unit or are there options here?
I amm considering buying a set of Dolphin Gauges so I am not exactly sure what would be involved with the switch since the gauge in the truck now is never correct. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 | A factory mechanical fuel pump is completely adequate for a rear mounted tank. The gas gauge sending unit needs to match the gauge. If you go with Dolphin gauges just buy the compatible sending unit. I have seen other threads discussing options to run the stock gauge with a aftermarket sender, but requires an understanding of electronics. Before investing in Dolphin gauges however you may want to do search for user opinions. I've read about several unhappy customers. Here's one I could find easily: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=312195&highlight=dolphin | | |
| |
| |