The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (cmayna, baldeagle, Bill Hanlon, Leo, Hotrod Lincoln, Mike in Sycamore, Gdads51, 1955 1 Series), 120 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,280
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78204 05/30/2007 1:26 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 13
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 13
Has anybody had trouble with Ram Horn style center dump exhaust interfearing with the steering gear,on SBC V8 switch over,in a 1940 1-Ton

thanx 424x4

#78205 06/06/2007 2:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 13
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 13
I guess nobody knows??????????????
424x4

#78206 06/07/2007 6:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 197
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 197
Sorry 'bout that 424x4. I've got a '40 but it ain't a dumper. But can you describe the problem a little more? Is the exhaust a stock setup?


Neil
1940 GMC 1/2 Ton
#78207 06/07/2007 8:14 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Seems to me that it doesn't clear well. Do a search on this, I'm sure I've seen this asked or posted somewhere in here. Perhaps you need some block hugging headers.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
#78208 06/18/2007 12:44 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 13
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 13
Hey Thanx Men
I'll let you all know when I get this Hammered out!!


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0