The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, tclederman, walter74, LAROKE), 133 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,332
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Hello fellow truck lovers. I like your site. My wife, kids, and I are hoping to own a chevrolet 3100 soon. We will keep you posted when we find the right one. I can't wait. My father's first truck was a green '53 3100, and I have always wanted to own one. Neil

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 239
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 239
Welcome fellow KC'er. Good luck on your search. You might want to place an ad in the Trucks Wanted area of the swap meet.


When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
-Unknown-
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
I will place an ad here soon if ebay doesn't work out. We are bidding on one now. I have limited time with 3 young daughters so we are hoping to find a completed truck in the $9-15k range. I have restored several cars and motorcycles over the years, and know that I could never finish a project truck.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Again, welcome to the Stovebolt and let us know what you find or purchase. Just hang in there. One will be yours when you least expect it.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Neil and family. Hope your bid is successful. There are lots more in your neck of the woods. Oh, and never say never, in my opinion trucks are easier to restore than cars.

Leo

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
I'm With Leo, these trucks are easier than cars to restore..to each his own though. I am working through my first one now and its great! Hang in there and find one that will work for you and your family as you intend it too.


*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*
1953 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton-previously abandoned resto.

My Project Bolt

I hate when people leave their brains at home. Seriously when did critical thinking and customer service go out the window? How about common sense and striving to go the extra mile? Idiots, surrounded by idiots it tell you.
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Nice looking project silverado. I do enjoy the restoration process, but I don't think I will tackle a 5 year restoration again until the kids are a bit older.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/neilert/51%20Chevy%203100%20truck/image_zpsc8ff52e3.jpg

I finally found a local 5 window. It's a '51 3100 with a 235 motor, and needs total restoration. When the weather clears up I will post some more photos.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Congrats on your new project, Nielert. Looks to be in decent shape, or at least compared to some I've drug home!!
We're here to help. Let the journey begin smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0