Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,124 Posts1,056,334 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 17 | Hello fellow truck lovers. I like your site. My wife, kids, and I are hoping to own a chevrolet 3100 soon. We will keep you posted when we find the right one. I can't wait. My father's first truck was a green '53 3100, and I have always wanted to own one. Neil | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 239 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 239 | Welcome fellow KC'er. Good luck on your search. You might want to place an ad in the Trucks Wanted area of the swap meet.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. -Unknown-
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 17 | I will place an ad here soon if ebay doesn't work out. We are bidding on one now. I have limited time with 3 young daughters so we are hoping to find a completed truck in the $9-15k range. I have restored several cars and motorcycles over the years, and know that I could never finish a project truck. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Again, welcome to the Stovebolt and let us know what you find or purchase. Just hang in there. One will be yours when you least expect it. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome Neil and family. Hope your bid is successful. There are lots more in your neck of the woods. Oh, and never say never, in my opinion trucks are easier to restore than cars.
Leo | | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 280 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 280 | I'm With Leo, these trucks are easier than cars to restore..to each his own though. I am working through my first one now and its great! Hang in there and find one that will work for you and your family as you intend it too.
*UNDER CONSTRUCTION* 1953 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton-previously abandoned resto. My Project BoltI hate when people leave their brains at home. Seriously when did critical thinking and customer service go out the window? How about common sense and striving to go the extra mile? Idiots, surrounded by idiots it tell you.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 17 | Nice looking project silverado. I do enjoy the restoration process, but I don't think I will tackle a 5 year restoration again until the kids are a bit older. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Congrats on your new project, Nielert. Looks to be in decent shape, or at least compared to some I've drug home!! We're here to help. Let the journey begin  | | |
| |