The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (DHedrick, WarEagle1), 103 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,375
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#774440 08/23/2011 11:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
I've been a MOPAR fan since I was a little kid, although that hasn't changed, I've recently got a new found love for '55 2nd Gen. and later GM trucks! They have great style and even a "rust bucket" can still be appealing. I had to sell my beloved motorcycle to do it, but I bought a 1957 GMC with a 1959 Fleetside bed! I'm excited about getting it but she's gonna need some work. I can't wait to get started. I'm sure you will be hearing from me a lot.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
a little every day will get the job done! We're all ears when you need something so let us know...and don't forget pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Welcome to the 'Bolt, Ken. There's sure a lot of great info to be had here. And ditto what Achipmunk said about the pics. smile

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Kenneth,welcome from Scotland.
The guys here will keep you right with your new 'affliction.'

There is no known cure although symptoms can be eased by regular cash injections,it is hard to treat and may take some time.
Post up some pics and let the 'consultant surgeons' give you a prognosis......

Good luck.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hi Kenneth, welcome! Just stay with it and before you know it you will be done. We have some huge GMC fans here, you should be good.

Leo

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Thanks for the welcomes! I now have a link to some pictures in my signature!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
That doesn't look too shabby!
I also see it's a big window and I love the fleetside bed.
Good looking truck.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Thanks jockbolter. I love the fleetside bed too. That's what made me decide to drive 500 miles one way to get it!

Last edited by kennethJ17; 08/25/2011 1:01 AM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
ooooo, I like it. That is/will be one sharp GMC.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0