The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Barry Martak, Ponchogl, Peggy M, Otto Skorzeny, Hanks custodian), 90 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,403
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#773578 08/21/2011 1:35 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 143
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 143
OK, after 5+ years of work I've almost finished my '50 3100. Just need to get the new wiring installed and fix a couple of brake & panel alignment issues. Here is the way it looks today. http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/jss1956/DSCN1533.jpg

And after all this work I've only got one part left over. I can't identify these and don't know where they go. I know I'm gonna kick myself when someone identifies 'em. I was thinking headlights but I must be missing something. But what are these and where do they go? http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t72/jss1956/DSCN1558.jpg

Thanks


It never costs more to ask and it never costs more to think big.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
As far as I can remember, it's not from your truck.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I haven't aimed my headlights yet, if they're not for that I don't know.

Leo #773583 08/21/2011 2:18 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 37
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 37
They sure look like headlight adjustment screws to me.

Ralf #773592 08/21/2011 3:16 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Yes for headlight adjusting screws.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
Nice truck! And, yes, those look like headlight adjusters.


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Yep, that they are:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/137400010/large

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Wow,Looks great,love the color.

I agree,headlight adjuster screws.


Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 143
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 143
Thanks to all and thanks for the pic Denny. Only my headlight buckets don't have these tabs that hold this part. I purchased the buckets used as the old ones were shot/rusted. It looks like the buckets I have may not be for a '47-'53 or the tabs have been broken off.

More investigation to follow...


It never costs more to ask and it never costs more to think big.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 60
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 60
You sure did your best the last 5 years the truck looks fantastic.I love the color too.Is that a standard color or custom made?
chug
Jianis

Jianis #773691 08/21/2011 10:23 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
NICE TRUCK !


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
Ditto on the nice truck and ditto on the headlight adjustment screw altough my '53 didn't look like that.


My Fleet:
1941
1953
1959
1965
1966
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 143
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 143
The color is a custom color. I wanted something unusual and different. I would call it a robin egg blue.


It never costs more to ask and it never costs more to think big.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Smoooooth... like blue icing on my birthday cake.


~Jim
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Very nice truck,Pete


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0