The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (tclederman, TUTS 59, 1 invisible), 132 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#769671 08/08/2011 6:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Hey guys. Just joined the forum. You are talking to a complete and total newbie when it comes to stove bolts or in my case a big bolt. I'm not sure what I've got(I just got the truck). The truck is a 1946 with a hydraulic flat dump bed on it. The cab is green, the interior is fully intact(though rough) and the truck runs and drives. I think it's a 1.5 ton and I believe it's got the 235 in it. The underneath is really gunked up as is the engine. I haven't had much luck finding the numbers yet. The vin on the truck is DEA547847. I just looking to pick up some knowledge. I was going to post pictures, but I don't think I can. Like I said, I'm new.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Hi! Welcome to the 'bolt. smile Sounds like you have a neat truck. Someone else will chime in and help you with the VIN decoding, I'm sure.

I'm just learning this truck biz, too. This is a great place to ask questions, study the tech tips, and learn lots ... and have fun. smile

Linking to pictures isn't too difficult once you get the hang of it. Here's a how-to link for that. Looking forward to hearing more 'bout the truck.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
7
New Guy
New Guy
7 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
hi im new to this too but i know that if u lift up the hood on passenger side there is a tag on the cowl with information about it and on the head of the motor the is some numbers you can find those and i have a website that has the numbers and it says if what year and motor it is

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/chevytalk/GMhistory/1916-57cast.html

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I need to do a little more cleaning on this rig. I'm unable to see the numbers on the head. I found the plate on the passenger side, but it was shot. The black portion of the id plate has all but worn away. I can't make out much of anything on it.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2ActXLZs0aNHEQ

Here's a pic of the truck. Let me know if the link doesn't work. Thanks guys.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Hey, the link works great, and that is a clean looking truck (on the outside anyway). smile Best of luck cleaning the engine up looking for numbers. That took me awhile on the '61. smile

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
7
New Guy
New Guy
7 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
ya my tag is shot to it dont have an original motor and cant find the year i know it 41-46 maybe you could help me unknown year


Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
46phoenix --- Wow...great looking truck you have there! Search for the "VIN Buster" and it should tell you where & when it hails from. Best of luck and do keep us up to date with pix.


1946 1.5-Ton Chevy Shorty Bus
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Tango's 1946 Chevy "Skoolie" Project
All my best --- Tango
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2ActXLZs0aNHIg
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2ActXLZs0aNHMw

Here's a couple more pics I got uploaded. One of the interior and one of the engine. I appreciate all of the responses that I have received and I am learning a little bit. I checked the VIN buster, but it only confirmed that it was in fact a truck. lol

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
You might also try any number you can find on the engine on the off-chance it hasn't been swapped out.


1946 1.5-Ton Chevy Shorty Bus
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Tango's 1946 Chevy "Skoolie" Project
All my best --- Tango
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
It looks to be in good shape! Welcome!



Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0