| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (Otto Skorzeny, TUTS 59, TexasJim50, cmayna, Hotrod Lincoln, Jay R, Forty9, Lostbuthaulinass, Woogeroo, Peggy M, 1 invisible),
97
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,411 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 220 | Hello!
I've been itching to drive my '59 Apache more than a few times a month, but my wife absolutely will NOT let me take our 5 y/o daughter with me because the truck has no shoulder belts, only lap belts, so...
Has anyone installed shoulder belts in their TF pickup, and if so, where did you get them, what kind are they, etc. I wouldn't mind having shoulder belts myself, but they're not a deal breaker.
I'd appreciate any help/info.
Thanks...
Chris | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 |
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 291 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 291 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 467 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 467 | Are there any safety issues with using the folding (no lock) seats on old trucks and installing shoulder seatbelts?
Just wondering. I have absolutely no idea.
Are the newer locking seats/seatbelt combos safer? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 76 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 76 | Barsteel, Check out seatbeltsplus.com Around $70.00 | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 | I'd question how strong it would be. Many "G"s pulled in a wreck. But I guess a belt is better than no belt.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
| | |
| |
| |