| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,376 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#76877 04/30/2007 6:58 PM | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 63 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 63 | Hey guys,So I've been reading my factory owners manual for my 1960 C-10 and under tranny options there are 2 5spd OD options. where these an option on the half tons? Or where they just on the bigger trucks? If anyone has any info on these trannys and know what they fit or if they'll fit a half ton with the 235, let me know. I'm still trying to figure out my tranny options. I really really just want to find a tranny I can just bolt up, no mods. ( I currently have the factory 4spd with the short tailhousing.) thanks! -Danny
Thanks,as always -Danny
1960 C-10 Stepside,Longbox 235,4spd 3.90 diff.
| | |
#76878 04/30/2007 8:07 PM | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Danny:
The factory transmission options for the '64-'66 Chevy Series C10, C20 & C30 and K10 & K20 trucks were 3-speed (manual, column shift), 3-speed w/overdrive (manual, column shift), 3-speed wide ratio (manual, column shift), 4-speed (manual, floor shift, SM420/SM465), Powerglide (two speed automatic) and Turbo-Hydramatic (three speed automatic). This information is per the General Motors Silver Book. I don't believe there was a 5-speed w/overdrive tranny option available. I hope this information is helpful.
Tony | | |
#76879 04/30/2007 8:34 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | The only 5 speeds available at that time were in the real big trucks & would be impractical in a pickup. You can put in the 3 speed with o-drive but they are pretty hard to find & create problems with controls & linkage. The best one to use is the S-10 Borg-Warner 5 speed, especially since you have the floor shifter already. It takes some mods. but they are simple & there is much info. on this websight & plenty of guys to help. I,ve done 2 of them & they work great. I,m going to put one in a 49 Ford panel soon behind a flathead V-8. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |