| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
129
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 25 | The '34 engine has finally died. I am looking to replace it with a more reliable engine, probably a 235. My question is whether or not a 1955-1957 235 will mate up with my 1934 3 speed tranny. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 | I had a '35 and I put in a full pressure 216 I found from a vendor in Texas. I did use a new pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. I even used the same accelerator linkage with a few modifications. The motor mounts are the same. Normbc9 | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | If you have a 34 master or truck you will need: 1938-46 truck bellhousing to mate to the 235 engine and 34 master/truck transmission. You will also need a front bearing retainer from a 1938-46 truck 4 speed. It has a sleeve for the needed ball bearing throw-out bearing. It is not so easy if you have a Standard.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | |
| |
| |