The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 25
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 25
The '34 engine has finally died. I am looking to replace it with a more reliable engine, probably a 235. My question is whether or not a 1955-1957 235 will mate up with my 1934 3 speed tranny.

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
I had a '35 and I put in a full pressure 216 I found from a vendor in Texas. I did use a new pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. I even used the same accelerator linkage with a few modifications. The motor mounts are the same.
Normbc9

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
If you have a 34 master or truck you will need:
1938-46 truck bellhousing to mate to the 235 engine and 34 master/truck transmission.
You will also need a front bearing retainer from a 1938-46 truck 4 speed. It has a sleeve for the needed ball bearing throw-out bearing.
It is not so easy if you have a Standard.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0