| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,289 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 46 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 46 | Does anyone make or know who makes an aluminum valve cover for a 261? I do not want one that has the bolts coming up though the top of the cover and I do not want one that has a name on the top either unless it says Chevrolet. I am I dreaming or can I find one? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | What are you willing to pay? There are a number of machine shops needing work in these times we're going through so for probably around $200 or so for the size of aluminum billet you'd need and their standard shop time you can get ANY style of valve cover you desire. I got a set of Sullivan Chrysler style hemi covers for my dohc 4.6 Cobra for around $700 with shipping.
Evan
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 181 | K9sicem, Look around, there are several that are drilled around the perimeter for the 235-216 (Same dimensions) and also have no identifier. I suggest you look first at the www.inliners.org site and start from there. They have vendors who advertise with them for inline specific items. Normbc9 | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | It seems to me chevs of the 40's has them or can get them, (I've been waiting a while for mine, but then again I have been working on this project for about 4 years, I can wait a bit.) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | Inliner Tom S. (6inarow) cast a batch of smooth top ones with the 216 type 2 hole mounting that have enough material on the top to engrave any desired pattern etc. A 4 bolt aluminum one would have to be a one off and the last time I checked the material alone was over $300.00. With a piece of aluminum that big you might as well just make a crossflow head with it.  Spraying cast aluminum looking paint on a tin one is about the only way to keep 4 bolts.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | You could fabricate one from 1/8" aluminum and a thicker flange. | | |
| |
| |