The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (55shaker, Ponchogl, cmayna, Shade Baby, Leo), 175 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,282
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#763502 07/18/2011 2:11 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Does anyone make or know who makes an aluminum valve cover for a 261? I do not want one that has the bolts coming up though the top of the cover and I do not want one that has a name on the top either unless it says Chevrolet. I am I dreaming or can I find one?

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
What are you willing to pay? There are a number of machine shops needing work in these times we're going through so for probably around $200 or so for the size of aluminum billet you'd need and their standard shop time you can get ANY style of valve cover you desire. I got a set of Sullivan Chrysler style hemi covers for my dohc 4.6 Cobra for around $700 with shipping.


Evan
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
K9sicem,
Look around, there are several that are drilled around the perimeter for the 235-216 (Same dimensions) and also have no identifier. I suggest you look first at the www.inliners.org site and start from there. They have vendors who advertise with them for inline specific items.
Normbc9

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
It seems to me chevs of the 40's has them or can get them, (I've been waiting a while for mine, but then again I have been working on this project for about 4 years, I can wait a bit.)

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Inliner Tom S. (6inarow) cast a batch of smooth top ones with the 216 type 2 hole mounting that have enough material on the top to engrave any desired pattern etc. A 4 bolt aluminum one would have to be a one off and the last time I checked the material alone was over $300.00. With a piece of aluminum that big you might as well just make a crossflow head with it. grin Spraying cast aluminum looking paint on a tin one is about the only way to keep 4 bolts.


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
You could fabricate one from 1/8" aluminum and a thicker flange.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0