The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Brian Moore, panel fan), 166 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
Hi there, Are the 4 wire terminal blocks the same length as the three wire? I have the three wire on my truck, but when I added the parking lights, I had to use a connector because I didn't have a place on the terminal block. Can I switch them out, or do I have to drill holes?

Thanks

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 202
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 202
Hi, pplummer, No, they are different lengths. On my 49 canadian 49 there are two raised bosses on the inner fender close to the radiator that you use to bolt the connector block to. Only the three wire block will fit. One to high beam, one to low beam one to Park/running lights ( the lights in the upper part of the grill). For my turn signal lights I added a connector. Note: I had ordered a harness with turn signal wires included.


Keep the 216's running. 1949 1/2 ton model #1314 (US 3104) Brian
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 321
That's what I did (added a connector) but if I could (which I guess I Can't now without it shorting out) I would have.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0