The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Southerntruck, fonz8261, Hotrod Lincoln), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#761795 07/12/2011 7:43 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
I was scraping crud from under my 46 1/2 ton front end. Under the thick crud was shiny black paint. Under that appears to be very bright orange paint. This was exposed with just a putty knife, no sanding. The orange is on the frame, shocks and inner fenders. I'm assuming the factory never used orange primer - so it looks like sometime in the truck's history it was painted orange! The underside was always black wasn't it? Thanks.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
I thought the underside was black, but it might have been a special fleet order, or??? Also, Omaha Orange was an available factory color. Someone else may have an idea.....


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
Maybe someone painted it with "red lead". It's a rust inhibitor that used to be used a lot on ships hulls. It was usually a dark orange color.


Disciple
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
thanks for the replies. I suspect I'll never know unless I remove some paint from the outer body & it is in too good of condition to do that now.....some day! Thanks.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0