| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (tclederman, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
132
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 170 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 170 | I was scraping crud from under my 46 1/2 ton front end. Under the thick crud was shiny black paint. Under that appears to be very bright orange paint. This was exposed with just a putty knife, no sanding. The orange is on the frame, shocks and inner fenders. I'm assuming the factory never used orange primer - so it looks like sometime in the truck's history it was painted orange! The underside was always black wasn't it? Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | I thought the underside was black, but it might have been a special fleet order, or??? Also, Omaha Orange was an available factory color. Someone else may have an idea.....
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 101 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 101 | Maybe someone painted it with "red lead". It's a rust inhibitor that used to be used a lot on ships hulls. It was usually a dark orange color.
Disciple
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 170 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 170 | thanks for the replies. I suspect I'll never know unless I remove some paint from the outer body & it is in too good of condition to do that now.....some day! Thanks. | | |
| |
| |