| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, classicfins, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1946chevytruck, CandoBrent, 1 invisible),
80
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,661 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 1 | I have spent 2 days under a 1948 2Ton Chevy loadmaster dump truck attempting to replace the brake drum and shoes. Late today, I was able to pull the axle out but still can not remove the brake drum. It has 10 lugs, approximately 16 inches and has dual tires on the rear. I have had this truck for 20 years and it is a workhorse. Can't use it without the brakes.It also has a ruptured wheel cylinder. If anyone has any ideas or secrets, please help. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 190 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 190 | Probably just stuck, back the adjusters on the shoes off. Also if its like mine there are three small screws that I believe also connect the drum. Make sure there off to, but it's probably just the drum is real tight on the shoes. I had a heck of a time with mine till I backed off the adjusters good luck with yours. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 | 2 ton.... remove axle, remove bearing retaining lock nut(s) back off shoes if difficult to remove... Like late model 1 ton trucks... | | |
| |
| |