The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (55shaker, CandoBrent, 1946chevytruck, Otto Skorzeny, classicfins, Hotrod Lincoln), 138 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,661
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#755853 06/19/2011 9:03 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
I bought this truck in 2007, I saw it in the back ground of a photo while looking for car parts. I instantly feel in love with it so, myself and 2 friends drove to Casper Wyoming to get it. It was sitting in a junk yard with the driver side of the truck in a gully up to the middle of the doors (front and back). It was lifted out with a crane and set on the trailer for transportation back to Minnesota. The original 235 straight six was lockup solid, so a 327v8 was installed to get it running. I drove it for 2 years with the stock 4 speed transmission in it, in 2009 I switched to a Turbo400. This year 2011, I will be swapping the frame for a newer one, disc brakes, power steering and a better rear end gearing for road trips.

Here are some photos of her Tim's Suburban


My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
She's come a long way! Good job, and keep us posted.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
Looking good...makes me miss my long gone '59. Are those visible gas pumps in the background yours, or is that at somebody else's shop? They make great yard art!


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
40casey-

They are not mine, I wish they where though. The guy that stores my Suburban is a old car nut. Here is one of his beasts...

Chevy Limo


My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
Originally Posted by 57Sub3100
40casey-

They are not mine, I wish they where though. The guy that stores my Suburban is a old car nut. Here is one of his beasts...

Chevy Limo
That limo is cool! Whereabouts is that located?


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
Redwing MN, He has the limo and a custom built 1957 el camino.... I am going down there this weekend (with my new frame, i hope).

Last edited by 57Sub3100; 06/22/2011 8:05 PM.

My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0