| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,281 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 92 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 92 | Could someone help identify a flywheel and pressure plate. I forget where I got these but it's a matching set with the the numbers GM4 3973456N on the back of the flywheel. The clutch disc and pressure plate are 12" diameter. The pressure plate bolts to the flywheel with 6 bolts. The flywheel to crankshaft bolt pattern seems to be larger in diameter than a 235/261 crank and does not have the three locating pins. I'm thinking it could be a 302 GMC but the crankshaft bolt hole diameter (7/16) and bolt pattern diameter is smaller than the other GMC 302 flywheels I have. Maybe and early GMC flywheel? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Paul.
1948 Chevy 6400 1964 Chevy 1/2 Ton
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | That number isn't familliar to me. Does the flywheel have timing marks on it like a gmc 270 or 302? Could it be a chevy v8 flywheel? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 98 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 98 | thats a late 60s, early 70s chevy v8 flywheel
50 chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 92 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 92 | Okay thank you for the replies guys! Makes me wonder where in the heck I got it from.
Maybe I'll put it in the parts for sale classified, it'll do someone some good...
Thanks again, Paul.
1948 Chevy 6400 1964 Chevy 1/2 Ton
| | |
| |
| |