Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
188
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,441 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 | So I located a 57 LCF 5700 for my future project. Is that a 2 ton? it is about a 4 hour drive but I have friend that lives within 1/2 hour to check it out for me. Asking price is 1K and it is cut off behind the cab with no engine or tranny. Otherwise complete. I know it will need at least the passenger side step. how hard is it to find them? I know I can repair the rusted area but would rather get another one. thanks Shane | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy buggy5872, let me see if I understand what you're getting for $1000.00, the body of a 57 LCF 5700 with a chunk of frame that ends at the rear of the cab, and it needs body work to boot, does it at least come with a front axle and wheels to move it around with? That seems to me to be a lot of money for what your getting, and you have to haul it four hours to get it home. You obviously really want this thing, good luck with your project. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 | LCF trucks are hard to come by in this part of the country. It is complete and the only bad pieces are the steps. I do not care about the chassis because I am putting it on a late model diesel chassis. there is a front axle with it. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Buggy, As you yourself said, LCF's are had to come by...finding sheet metal will be as hard as finding another cab. The step/doglegs are almost always rusted out. Good luck, and let me know if you find any extra sheet metal. Mike B 
Last edited by Mike B; 06/10/2011 2:49 AM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Do you get a title with it? Without one then it still sounds expensive to me. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 | It has a title. If everyone thinks this is expensive, what should it cost? Everything I find out west is 1,500 to 5,000 in various conditions. I have not located anything on the east coast. the ones out west are solid and rust free but would cost a bundle to get to PA. I can go get this one myself. Does anyone know of any on the east coast? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | If the sheet metal is good or easily repairable, it has a title, and it's easy to fetch then sounds good to me.
If it were a rusty front half of a truck without a title then about scrap price is all I'd pay.
Price isn't everything either. Finding the best possible truck with the least amount of rust that you can still afford should be the goal, be that here or out west. Money up front for a rust free truck can and very likely will save you many times that $ in the long run over choosing a "cheap" rusty one.
I found my truck in SD, rust free, and was glad to go fetch it. Prior to that I had looked at dozens of rusty ones more locally.
If you're still looking for a truck place a wanted ad here in the swap meet section.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 | The sheet metal is good except for some holes on the steps. it does have some dents but I am not afraid of that. Been doing bodywork and paint since I was 12. My brother owns a body shop. I will be cutting the cab apart anyhow to make a crew cab or extended cab. not sure yet which way I am going yet. | | |
| |