The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, moparguy, DaveV), 112 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,244
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75101 03/20/2007 1:59 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 31
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 31
I'm working on a '49 3100 and the tranny mount is missing the rubber pads.I ordered the repair pads from Classic parts.They sent a pair of the replacement rubbers and I would like to know how the original was.Shoud it have one on the top and one on the bottom?Hopfully someone has done this repair.Thanks,Chip

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Are you talking about the mounts on the bellhousing? I bought new ones and I believe that the metal and rubber were fused together.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Chip,

I think this is the transmission rear mount that you are referring to. I do not know if a rubber pad goes on the underside (this mount was not used on '54 1/2 ton, even though the catalog says it was).

Maybe someone who knows will post an answer.

Tim

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 31
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 31
Thanks Tim,That is the mount I'm referring to.Since I recieved 2 pads,did they intend for one to go on the underside as well?At $60.00 for the mount,I will fix mine.Just want to do it right.Thanks for the replys,Chip

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
FYI,

The mount in question is very similar to the one used on a 54 hydramatic. I just went through my assembly manual and could not find a picture of the mount. I did dig mine out of the pile of parts and look at it. Mine is also missing the rubber parts, but I think the rubber parts go on each side of the large flat plate. This would mean the rubber parts would have to be cut to go on the two studs or the studs would have to be replaced with bolts. I think when I put mine back together I will replace the stud with bolts.

Here is a picture of my rear trans mount.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/...ion=view&current=P9160009_edited.jpg

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
The original unit was vulcanized rubber held with a couple of floating rivets. Some companies will re-vulcanize the assembly if you send off your pieces. I found an old piece of thick conveyor belting and made my own. As it is in layers I could strip off the areas I wanted to set the bolts and such in. Frankly its not rocket science and you should be able to figure it out.
As a matter of interest I had a 53 on which the pad was never installed. There was no connection between the trans and the crossmember. It worked fine but I did fix it properly when I pulled the engine and trans for a rebuild.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0